Source of small piece of 1/4" perspex sheet

Does anyone know of a friendly place which might have offcuts of

1/4 inch thick perspex sheet to sell?

I need a piece from which I can cut a tiny section about 2 1/4 inches by 3/4 inch so I don't really want to buy a whole sheet (but clearly I expect to buy a bigger piece than I need!)

It will serve me as a lesson to inspect more carefully before the use of degreasing solvent! The original piece was used to mount connectors and now serves as a good demonstration of environmental stress cracking!

Alan

Reply to
Alan Bain

Is the colour important? I have some grey tinted perspex which I'm fairly sure is 6mm if that's any use. Email me if you can use some and I'll confirm the thickness. Martin

Reply to
Martin Whybrow

Drop me an email with your address, we have some Makrolon offcuts at the factory that will do what you need.

Peter

-- Peter & Rita Forbes Email: snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk

Peter A Forbes

Pedantic I know, but Makrolon is polycarbonate not acrylic (Perspex) and is much more senitive to ESC than is Perspex.

If it has to be acrylic, try a signmaking company - they often have offcuts.

Reply to
Norman Billingham

If it has to be 1/4 " clear Perspex then I can provide a bit gratis.

Henry

Reply to
Dragon

themetz had written this in response to

: A good place to buy Perspex is

Hope this helps!

------------------------------------- Alan Ba> Does anyone know of a friendly place which might have offcuts of

Forums Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - uk.rec.models.engineering - 11510 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##

Reply to
themetz

[Cut]

Thanks to Peter I now have a suitable piece of material which arrived in the mail today. Thanks to everyone who offered to help!

Alan

Reply to
Alan Bain